Matthew has spent the last month and a half learning about gardening and growing herbs with his class. Last week we enjoyed harvesting it and making a wonderful meal from it. Matthew loves it so much he wanted to share it with you. It’s healthy, fresh and delicious.
Garden Fresh Pasta
3 -5 tomatoes (plum or on the vine are fine)
Basil (best if fresh)
Pasta (penne or rigatoni)
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box
2. While the pasta is cooking, cube the tomatoes
3. Wash the fresh basil and tear into pieces
4. Drain the pasta and either put into a big serving bowl or into the pot.
5. Pour the olive oil in and stir
6. Add the tomatoes and the basil