Who doesn’t love Apple Cider Doughnuts? I mean it is perfectly fit for fall. While we didn’t buy Apple Cider while we went Apple Picking, its not to bad making your own. Most grocery stores do sell a cheap jug so thats what I tend to get.
Now we did visit a new farm last month but at Masker’s Orchards in Warwick New York.
Anyway, this new farm we tried it in the Catskills, specifically in Bovina, New York. It was cute but after having spent years going to Maskers, what a huge difference. So no doughnuts or pies there. They did have homemade maple candy, which Matthew tried and wasn’t thrilled. Besides our Pint of apples, we got a big maple syrup cause yum.
Anyway, we used some of the apples for some apple science, as well as apple hand pies, applesauce and apple crisp. And we still have apples. We really do love apples here. It takes a lot of apples to make your own cider but thats okay, its so worth it.
Anyway, I make these as a treat about once a year and decided to go live on one of my homeschooling groups with this one since we are in the middle of October. You can also see more lives or pictures on our Facebook or IG or Tik Tok @matthewskitchennyc.
Apple Cider Doughnut
- Small Saucepan
- Donut Pan
- Non stick spray
- large bowl
- 1 1/2 Cup Apple Cider
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Tsp ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- Start with pouring the apple cider into a small saucepan and allowing it to simmer over a low heat. Allow it to reduce to 1/2 cup. Check it ever 5 minutes, it usually takes 20 minutes. Allow it to cool
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray your donut pan with non stick spray
- In large bowl add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, apple pie spice amd salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, egg, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla together.
- Pour the egg batter into the flour batter and ass the apple cider. Whisk until smooth and fully combined. The Batter will be thick
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, or you can use a pastry bag
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned. The donut will bounce back if you poke.
- Transer you donuts to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice together in the medium bowl.
- When the donuts are cooled, dunk both sides in the melted butter then in the apple pice topping, make sure they are covered
- Enjoy while warm