Inspired by the new film Cruella, which stars Emma Stone, this Frappuccino, is delicious, fun and kid friendly. You can order it from Starbucks off the secret menu or you can make it yourself at home.
Cruella is a Disney Live action film that shows the backstory of Cruella De VIll from 101 Dalmatians. It is kid appropriate but your child may not be able to hold their attention well. I have a full review on Cruella. That being said, if you have been following me long enough or have been apart of any of my Facebook groups: Homeschooling in NYC, Kid Made and Kid Approved or the Disney Pixar Connection, then you know we make everything into a learning opportunity.
When you are cooking, even something as simple as making a Frappuccino, you are using math with measuring, ELA with reading and following directions, science with using the tools (aka the blending) and art with creating a dish or drink.
Beyond that you can have a whole 101 Dalmatian movie marathon and create more themed dishes, while also covering the 5 Ws and the how with your children.
Who are the main characters
What happens in the films
While not a W, it is important to know how the actions were done
Why did it happen? What was the motive?
When was the film set?
Where is the film set?
Enjoy your Frappuccino, and let us know down below how you liked it, and your thoughts on the movie.
- Venti cup
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 pumps Vanilla syrup
- 3 scoops Vanilla bean Ice cream or 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 shots expresso optional
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Purée
- 1 Tbsp Java Chips
- whip cream
- chocolate drizzle
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate chip cookie crumbles
- Begin with adding the strawberry purée into the venti cup and swirl in around by quickly spinning it upside down.
- In the blender add the ice, milk, ice cream (*heavy cream), sugar, vanilla extract (*expresso) and have chips until fully blended
- Pour into the cup and top with whip cream, chocolate drizzle and chocolate chip cookie crumbs