Do you like fried chicken? There are so many delicious ways to make fried chicken but oh my, licks fingers, this recipe is fun and delicious. We do feature it in our RoadTrip across the USA cooking class with a video and more activities and information related to Alabama but here is a little glimpse for yourself.
Instead of frying it (even though it is in the name) you can air fry or bake, it comes out just as delicious. It’s easy to make for the kids and can easily replace their fast food versions from KFC or Popeyes and will get them eating more protein. You can absolutely pair it with so many vegetables too to have a balanced meal.
Because of the air fryer or hot oil, this is one recipe I would keep a closer eye on the kids while making. Risks are absolutely in the kitchen but hot oil can be a recipe for disaster. Also if you plan on using hot oil, be sure to have your cooking thermometer on hand to check the temperature.
Alabama Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer – if you do not have one you can fry in a pot of hot oil or bake them
- 2 bowls
- cutting board or a plate
- 3 lbs Chicken thighs, breasts or drumsticks
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Begin with preheating your air fryer to 360 (pot of oil will be around the same temperature using a thermometer and if your baking, 375)
- Get your chicken out and ready to coat
- Melt the butter in a bowl
- In the other bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip the pieces of chcken into the butter then the flour mixture. Mae sure to fully coat the chicken, Cook for 20 minutes at a time in the air fryer and hot oil or bake for 90 minutes.