It is Quesadilla day. I feel like Quesadillas don’t get nearly as much as Tacos but they are just as good. This is what I make at home all the time fore the family. I love the simplicity of it with a southern flare, but it is the perfect balance of diary and protein as well. You can always add sautéed vegetables as well. That is how restaurants do it, I am just too tired (maybe a bit lazy) to take that extra steps. This is a recipe we use when we have not leftovers and are just tired and busy from a days work and school.
The great news is that this is much loved by my little one. I personally love spicy, and he doesn’t but we balance it out so we are both happy. He still raves over the chipotle quesadillas, but we get those when we are out and near a chipotle, which is a rare occasion now that we have moved.
Let us know down below what you like in your quesadillas. If you haven’t joined our Kid Made and Kid Approved Facebook group, well what are you waiting on?
Cheesy Cajun Chicken Quesadilla
- Large pan
- Cutting board
- 3 Chicken Breasts Sliced Thawed
- Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 medium sized tortillas
- 2 Cups Mexican Cheese Eye it to your liking
- Heat a pan up that will be large enough for 4 tortillas.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan (I use the same pan to get the left over spice from the pan. lay down 1-4 tortillas (we do 4 at a time).
- Cook until light golden brown then using a spatula flip and cook until the other side is slightly brown.
- Plate the quesadillas and add sour cream, guacamole and salsa if you want. Enjoy