If you all can’t tell, we are from New York. More specifically we’ve lived in the same apartment for 29 years. Bacon Egg and Cheese os a New York staple. You can go to any corner store or deli, to get the best sandwich. You can also get a delicious Bacon Egg and Cheese from some of the street carts. It is definitely a must have when it comes to street foods.
We have a special love for our Baconeggandcheese (yes we really do say it just like that). When Matthew was in public school for pre-k and Kindergarten, there would be some days we left a few minutes early just to grab our sandwich and eat it on the way to school.
Since we’ve been homeschooling once more, pre pandemic, we would go to our favorite deli for breakfast a couple times a month. It was like a mini field trip and a treat. Now, since end of March, we have been upstate New York. There isn’t a corner deli close by. On occasion we have made our own Bacon Egg and Cheese.
Today was one of those days. We wanted our breakfast but didn’t want to make bacon. We happen to have a bag of Bacon Crumbles because my mom, aka Nana, likes them for her spinach salad. We thought, why not use this instead. So that is how this lazy version came about.
Anyway we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Lazy Bacon Egg and Cheee
- Small skillet
- 1/2 tbsp butter to butter the skillet
- 2-3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheee Mexiacan
- 2 Tbsp Bacon crumbes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roll
- 1. Begin by melting the butter in the skillet
- 2. crack your eggs in the bowl add salt and pepper and whisk
- 3. Add your eggs to the skillet and allow to cook on a low to medium heat. once it is half way cooked, add your cheese and bacon. You can scramble them in the pan or allow to cook a little bit more before flipping have the eggs over on to its self.
- 4. Once cooked, add onto a roll
- 5. Enjoy